While driving in Abu Dhabi, you must be aware of traffic rules and regulations. You will not violate them intentionally, but accidents happen uninformed. So, when you meet an accident or violate some traffic rules, Abu Dhabi traffic police charge a heavy fine. But, for the sake of the people of the state, the Abu Dhabi police has introduced a discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
In this article, you will find a detailed description of how to get a discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines. Let’s look!
Discount offers on Abu Dhabi traffic fines
The Abu Dhabi traffic police offer discounts on traffic fines on an early payment basis. Depending upon how quickly you apply, register, and pay the fine, you can avail of up to a 35% discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
- 35% discount:
If you pay your fine within a period of 2 months, you can get a 35% discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
- 25% discount:
If you pay your fine within a year after violating the law, you can still avail of a 25% discount on Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
- No discount:
Unfortunately, if the payment gets delayed for more than a year, you will have to pay the full amount of the Abu Dhabi traffic fine.
Appeal on Abu Dhabi traffic fines
- If you consider that you are unjustly fined, you can visit the nearest police station and apply for an appeal. If a traffic fine is imposed, you will get a notification on your registered mobile number or on the traffic police app. The appeal period only lasts for a month. If you don’t object in a month, you will have to pay for the violation.
How to pay the discounted Abu Dhabi traffic fines
For the ease of the citizens as well as law enforcement, the Abu Dhabi police have introduced a smart system of paying the Abu Dhabi traffic fines. Below is the detail of how you can do it.
- Paying via the website:
Visit the website and follow these steps.
- Inquire about the Abu Dhabi traffic fines using your traffic number/vehicle number/ emirates ID/driving license details.
- Enter any one of these and type captcha for verification.
- You will get the list of all fines along with applied discounts.
- Pay your fine through a debit or credit card.
- Paying via police app:
Alternatively, you can download the Abu Dhabi police app which is compatible with both iOS and Android.
Once you have the app on your phone, the following steps will help you to proceed further.
- Enter your Emirates ID number, email, and phone number to create an account.
- Login and click on the services button.
- Select traffic services to get the list of Abu Dhabi traffic fines along with the applied discounts.
- You can pay via a debit card or a credit card.
- Paying in installments:
The Abu Dhabi police have introduced interest-free installments for paying the traffic fines to maintain the situation of law and order. This offer is a sigh of relief for the citizens to pay heavy traffic fines easily. The Abu Dhabi police have collaborated with the following five banks in UAE where you can request payment of traffic fines in installments.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
- Abu Dhabi First Bank (AFB)
- Mashreq Al Islamic Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
Exclusion from a discount of the Abu Dhabi traffic fines
There are a few cases in which discounts may not apply to the Abu Dhabi traffic fines.
- If public or private property is damaged, the discounts may not apply.
- If the loss of human life is involved, the penalty will be decided by the court.
- Other charges like driving license suspension or black points will not be affected by the discounts.
The discounts on the Abu Dhabi traffic fines are an opportunity for the citizens to easily follow the traffic rules. If you encounter a traffic offense, you should avail of these discounts on Abu Dhabi traffic fines. They are easy to apply for and convenient to pay. You can even pay the Abu Dhabi traffic fines in installments as per your comfort.
Hope you this article helped you and delivered the information you were looking for!