Although the country welcomes people from all over the world, the UAE is also known for its strict rules and regulations. While the diversity of the foreign population provides great benefits to the various sectors of the UAE in terms of economic growth, it also poses a potential risk for non-citizens who leave the country to avoid any legal situation. Therefore, as a safety and precautionary measure, the government is imposing travel bans for UAE residents under various circumstances
This ensures that everyone is held accountable for breaking any laws. If you are planning to travel abroad, “What is the reason for the travel ban in the UAE?” and “How can I check the UAE travel ban?” are some general questions. Let’s get to know them in more detail.
What if you have a travel ban in the UAE?
The travel ban for immigrants in the UAE basically restricts the crossing of the country’s borders by any means of transport – be it entry, re-entry or exit – until certain requirements are met.
Reasons for the travel ban in the UAE
If you want to travel abroad, it is recommended to go through the UAE Immigration Ban check to avoid any unforeseen and adverse situations at the airport immigration counter. There are many reasons for a travel ban. The most common ones include:
- Criminal investigation continues
- Violation of immigration laws
- Outstanding financial debt
- Rental disputes
- Work without a valid work permit
- Delayed visa
- Leaving the country without notifying the employer and canceling the work permit
How to check the travel ban in Dubai
There are four ways to check the entry ban at the UAE Immigration Office:
- If someone brings a criminal case against them for financial reasons, residents can go to the Dubai police station for a personal investigation.
- A convenient way to understand the status of the UAE visa ban is to call. You need to provide your passport number and some other details to the call center agent. Dubai residents can call toll-free 800-5111 to get in touch with Amer. For use abroad, call + 971-4-313-9999. It is also the best way to check the UAE travel ban status by looking at your passport number.
- If you are faced with a possible travel ban, you can also hire a lawyer/attorney to conduct thorough due diligence on your behalf. If it is possible to issue you an arrest warrant, this is the best option. Also, if you are not in the UAE, sometimes getting checked by a lawyer is the only way to check the UAE travel ban.
- Another way to instantly understand the UAE travel ban status is to check online on the Dubai Police government website. Let’s take a closer look at the online method:
1- How to view prohibited UAE checks online?
Answer: You can visit the Dubai Police website or download the Dubai Police App. You only need a valid UAE ID to check the status online.
2- What happens if I receive a travel ban?
Answer: You will not be able to cross national borders. If you have been granted a travel ban, you cannot enter, re-enter or leave the country unless the travel ban is lifted.
3- Which Dubai Police Hotline can I call for assistance in the event of a travel ban?
Answer. The Dubai Police Helpline No. 901 will help you with the travel ban.
4- If I have not paid any financial debts, can I get an entry ban on my visa?
Answer: Yes, if I have not paid any financial debts, your visa will be prohibited from traveling. It is recommended that you pay off all debts and not get involved in any legal matters.
5- How to check the status of your United Arab Emirates travel ban in Abu Dhabi?
Answer: You can check the online service launched by the Abu Dhabi Ministry of Justice for details of the travel ban.