A Visa is a vital document for foreigners living in the United Arab Emirates. It is essential not only to verify your validity as a resident but also to find a flat or a villa for rent in Dubai. It’s a process that every UAE citizen goes through every two to three years, depending on the sort of visa they have. While most of us recall the month in which our residence visa is set to expire, we rarely remember the date as the month goes by, it’s common to check the visa validity by flipping through the contents of the passport. But, let’s admit it; we don’t always have our passports with us. So, what else are the possibilities? To check the validity of your resident visa, all you need is your passport number and expiration date.
So, even if you have a photocopy of your passport or a scanned version saved on your phone, you’re good to go. Fortunately, the UAE government has established an official webpage to facilitate you in getting visa-related services. You’ll need your passport number to use this procedure to check the validity of your UAE resident visa.
- Go through the link given below
- Tap “Change Language” and choose “English.”
- Select “Passport Information” from the menu.
- According to your visa type, choose “Visa” or “Residency.”
- Fill in your passport number and expiration date.
- Confirm your nationality from the right-hand dropdown menu. In the box on the left, a similar number will appear.
- Hit on search after checking the captcha box. Your visa status, as well as the date of expiration, will now be shown on the page.
The application and reference number are required to track your visa application. When you submit your visa application to any visa service provider, ask for the application number and reference number so that you can record your visa using the methods listed here.
- Track your visa application on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA if you applied for a visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, or Fujairah.
- Track your visa application at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai if you applied for a Dubai visa or through Amer centres in Dubai.