The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship issues the Emirates ID, which is an obligatory identity card for UAE citizens and residents. While the card is physical and should be carried at all times by residents and citizens, the ICA launched its latest digital version of the Emirates ID that applicants can use while waiting for their physical card. So, let’s have a look at how the e-Emirates ID application procedure works.
- Install the ICA UAE Smart app or go through the ICA website.
- If you’re a first-time user, create an account using the essential information, such as your Emirates ID number, passport number, expiration date, and valid email address. You’ll receive an email to confirm and verify your account once you’ve completed the Emirates ID e-version registration.
- You can also use your ‘UAE Pass’ login information to register for an Emirates ID.
- In the “documents wallet section” of the app, go to the Emirates ID section to discover the QR code that will allow you to make an electronic Emirates ID card.
The e-Emirates ID can be used for a variety of government services until the actual ID card is made and delivered. It is also applicable for telecommunications services such as du and Etisalat.
EMIRATES I.D IN JUST 24 HOURS
The FAIC offers 24-hour immediate assistance for getting an Emirates ID card. Fawri is the name of the service, and it is accessible for the regular mentioned prices with an additional urgent service fee. This service is available for UAE and GCC nationals who are legally resident in the UAE and can be used for:
- Registration for the first time
- Expired cards renewal
- Misplaced and damaged cards
As the issuing or renewal of identification cards is linked to proof of residency and related processes, expatriate residents who are not GCC nationals are only eligible for urgent service if their identity cards are lost or stolen. The following FAIC Customer Happiness Centers offer Fawri service.
- Al Jazeera and Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi
- Al Barsha, Al Rashidiya and Karama in Dubai
- Madinat Zayed in the Western Region
- Al Ain Centre
- Sharjah Centre
- Ajman Centre
- Fujairah Centre
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre
- Umm Al Quwain Centre.
Q: Is the Emirates I.D e-version free?
Yes, the e-version of the ICA Smart app is accessible for free. On both iOS and Android smart phones, the software is available.
Q: Where is this service valid?
Till the physical card is issued, the new version of Emirates ID in the UAE is valid for government services and other institutions that require an Emirates ID.