Family insurance is an insurance policy that covers the entire family. Usually, employers provide benefits to employees in which they provide medical benefits to the employees’ immediate family members. Family insurance can include dental insurance, health insurance, life insurance, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance. Such plans can also be purchased outside the employer’s network.
The benefit of such a policy is that the family members do not need to purchase personal plans for each member. Spouses, dependent children, former spouses, family partners, and dependents of family partners are all persons who may be eligible for family insurance. Many employers offer this type of insurance because it is beautiful to employees with families and can, therefore, benefit from this arrangement.
List Of Family Insurance In UAE
- Daman National Health Insurance Company
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Al Buhaira National Insurance company
- Oman Insurance Company
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company
There are many insurance companies in the UAE which provide insurance coverage for individuals and their family.
1. Daman National Health Insurance Company
Daman Nation Health insurance company is a government insurance company in Abu Dhabi. The company offers a variety of insurance policies and coverages for you and your loved ones.
The insurance policy offered by Daman National Health Insurance Company has the following features
- Plans are starting from as low as AED 800 per year.
- Includes inpatient, outpatient, maternity, and emergency services.
- We ensure a service of excellence 24/7 and 365 days a year.
- Local health insurance plans with options for comprehensive benefits.
- Access to the largest network in the UAE with over 2,000 hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies.
2. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
The bank was established in 1985 as a limited liability. The government of Abu Dhabi is the largest shareholder in the bank. The bank is the third largest bank in the UAE, which offers a wide variety of financial services and products.
The bank offers family insurance by the name “Term Life insurance”. The insurance is meant to cover the individual and his/her family.
The key benefits and features of the insurance policy are:
- A comprehensive suite of term life insurance solutions offered by internationally and locally renowned insurance providers.
- Premiums start from as low as USD 50 per month for a fixed duration based on your needs.
- Ideal protection solution that covers you against mortgages, loans or any other liabilities
- Covers you against the default of the lease, credit or any other obligation
- Flexibility to add optional benefits for cover against critical illnesses and disabilities
3. Al Buhaira National Insurance company
Al Buhaira is a UAE public stock holding company with a paid-up capital of Dh250,000,000 and assets of Dh1,528,000,000. Since February 16, 2005, Al-Buhaira National Insurance Co has been listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market, and its shares are now traded as preferred stock.
The company offers medical insurance for families in the UAE at affordable prices. They offer a variety of benefits, which include.
- Over 1500 different types of medical providers
- Maternity benefit including ante-natal care, normal delivery, Cesarean delivery, and Abortion
- Additional Optional benefits such as Dental, Optical, and others
- Inpatient & Outpatient benefits including GP & specialist consultation, Radiology, Laboratory tests, medications, surgeries, etc.
- Optional Worldwide cover where treatment outside UAE can be covered on reimbursement or direct billing, subject to the policy conditions
Whichever plan you choose, the added value benefits you will enjoy are;
- Access to over 63 highest quality hospitals in the UAE
- 989 Pharmacies
- Dedicated 24 x 7 helpline
- 593 accredited clinics
- 51 Diagnostic Centre’s
4. Oman Insurance Company
Oman Insurance Company (PSC) or OIC is one of the leading insurance solutions providers in the Middle East and is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The OIC has 15 branches, including headquarters-business units, and has a strong influence in every emirate in the UAE, the Sultanate of Oman, and Qatar.
The company offers DHA Individuals plans which cover the family of the applicant and his/her domestic staff.
According to the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), all Dubai residents must have a basic level of health insurance. As an authorized institution of DHA participating in insurance companies, the company has designed a simple plan for the applicant’s family (including domestic helpers).
The key benefits of the plan are:
- The price is moderate: the housekeeping service staff is 538 dirhams.
- Easy to apply.
- For direct billing for inpatient and outpatient treatment, members only need to pay the applicable co-insurance/deductible.
- Covering all Emirates except Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi only provides services in emergencies.
- Underwriting pre-existing and chronic illnesses, previously insured members who have no waiting time, but have proof of prior medical insurance. Otherwise, it would help if you waited for 6 months.
- There is no co-insurance in the UAE for external network emergencies.
5. Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company
Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company PSC is an insurance company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is the country’s third-largest insurance company. Founded in 1972, ADNIC is part of the Abu Dhabi Investment Committee’s corporate portfolio.
The medical insurance provided by the company is for the individual/family. Their SHIFA medical insurance offers direct billing for residents in the UAE and around the world to give the applicant and his/her family with assurance.
Their new simplified 4-layer system includes platinum, gold, silver, and bronze. Each level has a well-defined set of benefits that you can visit their website for all you have to do is choose the one that works for you. The added benefits in this plan are:
- Medical expenses due to work-related injuries and illness covered
- Annual limit up to AED 5 Million (Platinum).
- Maternity cover up to the annual limit (Waiting period applicable, if stated in your Policy)
- Reimbursement of claims at actual cost outside ADNIC network
- Direct billing facility in 197 countries with over 750,000 providers globally
- Optional dental and optical covers
- Pre-existing and chronic medical conditions covered up to the annual limit.
There are a variety of insurance policies for families in the UAE. The above mentioned are the top family insurance policies. If they do not suit your needs and requirements, then you may search for better ones with your desired benefits and what suits you best.