Becoming a pilot is a dream for many people in the UAE as being a pilot is considered one of the best-paid jobs in the world. Handsome pay, social recognition, and the chance to explore the world and enjoy different cultures are a few perks of becoming a pilot.
If you are a frequent traveler you must have heard the name of Emirates Airline. Emirates airline is considered the best airline in the UAE. It is known all around the world. The pilots, air hostesses, technical staff, and airline officials are all skillful and experienced. No doubt, a competent team makes the organization successful.
Emirates Airlines offers jobs as pilots. If you are interested in joining Emirates Airlines as a pilot, you will find all the information you need in this guide.
The first thing that comes to mind while applying for a vacancy is the eligibility criteria. If you satisfy the following conditions, you are all set to apply as a pilot in the emirates airline.
- You should be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You are a commercial pilot license holder.
If you meet the above criteria, you are eligible to apply as a pilot in Emirates. Follow the steps and apply to be a pilot in the Emirates.
- You will have to submit an online application.
- Enter your personal details and flying data.
- If you are suitable for Emirates airlines, they will give you a call for an interview.
- If you pass the interview, the next step is simulator flying to test your skills as a pilot.
- A conditional offer letter will be offered after successful simulator flying.
- After accepting the offer letter, you will have to undergo 6 months of flying training.
- On completion of the training, you are all set to fly an emirates aircraft.
There are two options to apply as a pilot in the emirate’s airline i.e., as a first officer or as a captain.
Register yourself for the accelerated command
Emirates Airlines is offering a unique opportunity to join the airline as an A380 first officer with an increased salary package. You will be required to sit on the right-hand seat for 700 hours. You will have to pass two proficiency checks. After the completion, you will be given the accelerated command. Following are the requirements to apply as a First Officer in Emirates Airlines.
- Fluency in English is necessary for the pilot. A minimum of ICAO level 5 or above equivalence is required.
- A minimum of 3000 hrs command time on multi-crew, multi-engine commercial jet aircraft with MTOW of 50 tonnes or more is required to apply for this designation.
- A valid ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) with an unrestricted class one medical certificate issued by the same authority is compulsory.
- Currently, rated as commander of FBW aircraft with a minimum of 1500 hours is needed.
- A minimum flying of 150 hours within a year of applying for this post is required.
If you have the above-mentioned experience, you can readily apply as a First Officer in an emirate’s airline.
Register as a First Officer
In order to qualify for this designation, you must meet the following criteria.
- A valid ICAO ATPL with an unrestricted class one medical certificate issued by the same authority is a compulsion to apply as a first officer in emirates airlines.
- Requirement of English language fluency to ICAO English level 4 or above.
- Flown at least 150 hrs within the last 12 months at the time of joining on an aircraft with MTOW ≥ 10T (maximum take-off weight greater than equal to 10 tonnes).
- Minimum of 2000 hrs on maximum take-off weight greater than equal to 20 tonnes (MTOW ≥ 20T) OR Minimum of 3000 hrs on MTOW between 10T & 20T.
For more details on the salary package, flying hours, and routes, visit the website of emiratesgroupcareers.com.
If you dream of joining the Emirates airline as a pilot, the opportunity is at your doorstep. Emirates airline recruits pilots with valid license and great skills. The procedure to apply is simple. Complete details of how to register yourself as a pilot is provided in the guide above.
Hope you find this guide informative enough to solve your queries.