Noon announced a strategic partnership with the US-based online selling platform, eBay. This news came a year after Amazon acquired Souq for a whopping 580 million dollars. The agreement got into effect from the latter half of 2018, and the potential is enormous as now people in UAE and Saudi Arabia will be able to buy eBay products directly from Noon.
Noon has had a rough time in launching its services and getting everything as planned, but analysts say that the customer services offered from Noon are better than Amazon.ae and Noon might capitalize based on the customer experience that it offers. Noon did lack some variety, but the eBay partnership seems to have changed that.
Compare Noon VS Amazon which is better
- Delivery: Noon’s delivery staff is very professional, and has paid great attention to the packaging and overall appearance of the delivered product, and notified the customer in advance that the delivery staff is on the way. The delivery time before noon is also much shorter than Amazon.ae. Amazon.ae’s package delivery does not always have invoices in it, and it does not pay too much attention to details during the delivery process.
- The time required for the whole process: It seems that at noon it has established its own network, and the delivery of items is faster than Amazon.ae
- Search results: Based on customer reviews, we found that Noon provides more relevant searches, which can usually help you find the products you need more effectively.
- Ordering and payment: Both platforms seem to be good in this regard, but Souq has a slight advantage because it offers fast checkout options. Home address and address details are stored on both platforms to facilitate the next time you order goods.
- User interface: Noon won a victory in this area, and the user interface is very easy to understand and get used to, and as far as the Android application is concerned, Souq does not seem to be very friendly.
Noon VS Amazon Conclusion
There is no doubt that Noon as a local business has strengthened due to close ties with the local retail community.
Its market platform will enable companies of all sizes to participate in the growing e-commerce market in the region. Noon had also partnered with small and medium-sized enterprises, market leaders, and startups to help them gain a large chunk and share of the e-commerce market in the Middle East region. Despite Souq.com’s strong momentum of development, only time will tell if the shopping cart will be upset by Noon, a local brand with huge amounts of money behind it, whose goal is to become a winner in the region and beyond. After being officially launched for UAE customers, noon.com is expected to be launched in Saudi Arabia in the coming weeks.
Detail Review About Noon VS Amazon
For the booming e-commerce industry in the Gulf region, 2017 was a watershed and the past few months have witnessed a series of acquisitions, launches, and investments. The most important thing is the launch of Noon.com today.
This $ 1 billion e-commerce platform was established by Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties, and is hailed as a local competitor to the American giant Amazon in the Middle East. Amazon caused a stir when it acquired Souq.com, one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the region, in March. this year.
It is worth noting that Goldman Sachs described the acquisition of Souq.com as “the largest technological merger transaction in the history of the Arab world.” However, it looks like Noon is willing to fight and puts him first.
One thing that is really true in Dubai is the large shopping malls. The huge shopping paradise attracts millions of people from the region and beyond. They not only become places to shop, but also to socialize, entertain, and escape the cruel summer heat. However, the traditional retail industry has begun to be challenged by the growing demand for online shopping in the Middle East. Amazon, the global behemoth run by American billionaire Jeff Bezos, entered the regional market after completing the acquisition of regional website Souq.com earlier this year, while local startup Noon. Com has been working hard to challenge the dominance of the American online retail giant.
The Middle East and North Africa have a population of more than 440 million, so it is worth fighting for. This is both a battle and an emerging war of words. Mohamed Alabbar, a UAE billionaire and Noon founder, firmly believes that a strong local e-commerce company is critical to the region. This week, he once again warned against “giant entities” taking over-this is obviously an understatement of the US rival Amazon’s acquisition of Souq.
Noon, a digital market that was created for a region that has been supported by major retailers in the region itself, and it is now available at www.noon.com.
Through a joint venture with a group of well-known Gulf investors, the city of Arababa realized this idea and received an initial capital expenditure of $ 1 billion. Noon has started its operations and has been recruiting young and talented Arab and global people who have e-commerce experience.
Noon is also actively opening up the digital market for start-ups to expand its active supplier base in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Noon was based on a customer-oriented Arab e-commerce platform to meet the expectations of customers and retailers in the region.
The platform aims to use its local roots to provide enthusiastic, dedicated and personalized services.
E-commerce is a lucrative place now and is expected to grow to $20 billion by 2020, according to GCC. It is, therefore, no surprise that many vital organizations and people in business are jumping on the bandwagon and exploring E-commerce.
However, the question we aim to address is that in the presence of two extremely competitive players, which one should you go for; Noon or Amazon.ae?
Many bloggers have actively shared their experience of buying through both the platforms, and we’ll share our findings to help you pick the right site.
What is the best eCommerce ? for this there are certain key parameters are always the variety being offered on the site, availability of items of your choice, the ordering process, the paying process, and the delivery.
Points to consider Amazon.ae Vs Noon.com
- Search results: Based on customer reviews, we found that Noon offered more relevant searches and is generally more efficient in helping you find the product you’re looking for.
- User interface: Noon wins in this arena as well as the user interface is pretty simple to understand and get used to, whereas Souq does not seem to be too user-friendly as far as the android application is concerned.
- Ordering and paying: Both platforms seem to be quite well in this aspect except that Souq has a slight edge to it as it offers a quick checkout option. The home address and address details are stored on both platforms to facilitate the next time you order anything.
- Delivery: The delivery personnel from Noon is extremely professional, and also, keen attention is given to the packaging and overall outlook of the product being delivered, customers are notified in advance via a call that the delivery man is on his way. The delivery time taken by Noon is also quite lesser than Amazon.ae. Amazon.ae’s package delivery doesn’t always have an invoice inside, and there isn’t much attention to detail given in the delivery process.
- Time for the entire process: Noon seems to have developed its network, and item delivery is speedy compared to Amazon.ae
The consensus is, therefore, that Noon has better service than Amazon.ae. However, this might change afterward as Noon is just beginning to settle in the region, whereas Amazon.ae has been here for a while now.
Amazon for tons of reasons :
Better customer service
Easier to return products if faulty
Faster delivery time with prime. And if they miss delivery they make up for it
More realiable sellers
Access to US items with prime free shipping
Amzon made souq a better platform and I am they happy they bought it
Noon on the other hand has faster standard delivery but otherwise the total opposite of the above mentioned points . They still host tons of fake and unreliable sellers . They cancel your orders and keep the money in their wallet not back to your credit card . They play any trick in the book to get your cash .
On last my last order during black friday I ordered a discounted item that was never delivered. I recieved a cancel message that not available with other sellers (which was not true. The price just went up and they don’t want to bare the cost)
I have used Amazon over the last few months buying phones, tablets, accessories, perfumes, etc . I never had an issue. Yet on the other hand one single order from noon that was partially delivered/canceled. What an irony. Lol
I will use the left over credit on my wallet and delete their app ?
Looking for partners and investors to open a new online sales platform in the UAE.
The e-sales already exists in France izzidiscount.com
The main niche is European and Asian modern and design Furniture, Homecare, Petcare, and Leasure products.
For interested people please contact me by WhatsUp or by email [email protected]
Amazon for sure , 1 billion years ahead of noon
Yes both noon and amazon i have faced no issue. However Amazone is a wallmart of Internet where many items from abroad are making available. Secondly if you rehect or cancel order wothin 5 days cash get credicted to ac without any issue no need to conect call center even..
Be careful when you order from Noon. I had ordered an item. The status was showing confirmed. Later it said delivery within today or tomorrow. Then a lady calls and says after waiting for five days that the item is not in stock. I have to cancel it. I indicated that I will not cancel as am waiting for delivery or they should send and email indicating the reason. Within minutes of the call my order was cancelled from Noon side. The refund will be when ever possible. Think your money is with them for long and they confirmed the order and when you have to receive the material, they cancel from their side. How disgusting.,,..😇😇